What is this course About?
This Qualification is for individuals who are required to practice as an auctioneer at an auction. It goes beyond merely calling the bid, and includes all other aspects related to the auction, such as classifying and lot allocation of the auction stock, valuation of moveable assets and the legal background pertaining to conducting an auction. The core unit standards will cover aspects pertaining to General Assets, and the learner may further choose to specialise in either Real Estate, Movable Assets or Agriculture, with specific competencies related to the specialisation area being included in the elective category.
- On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Conduct promotional and marketing activities in an auctioneering business.
- Prepare for and conduct auctions.
- Carry out the logistical processes involved in auctions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the value of products for auction.
Duration: 1 year
Entry Requirement: Grade 12 or NQF Level 4