Child and Youth Care Worker
What is this course About?
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Child and Youth Care Worker.
A Child and Youth Care Worker contributes to the provision of holistic therapeutic care, and supports the development of children and youth in order to ensure the appropriate development of the individuals through the application of professional life space interventions.
A qualified learner will be able to:
Provide holistic, basic and developmental care for orphaned, vulnerable and at-risk children and youth.
Apply behaviour management and support techniques in routine child and youth care contexts.
- Implement life space work and life space counselling.
- Maintain planned environments in child and youth care work.
- Participate in developmental assessment of children and youth.
- Assist with the implementation of programmes and activities to deal with identified needs.
- Advocate for the rights of children and youth.
- Undertake basic Child and Youth care administration
Duration: 12 Months
Entry Requirement: NQF Level 3 with Communication