What is this course About?
A learner obtaining this qualification will be able to provide coordinated support to individuals and communities in achieving their specific outcomes. The qualification will further enable a learner to plan to facilitate learning programmes that will lead to community groups and individuals achieving full qualifications in their own right.
The qualification will enable organisations training and employing development practitioners to structure training programmes in accordance with nationally recognised standards, and to provide this training at a level in line with the goals and resources of the organisation.
Qualified learners are capable of:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of theories and principles of transformative development that include identifying, explaining and evaluating factors that impact on macro and micro layers of society and development practice as well as critiquing strategies and policies used.
- Plan and conduct research activities that will redress social development issues by preparing a brief, research guidelines and instruments for a development practice project, and evaluating the research through a report for relevant stakeholders.
- Plan learning programmes that redress social development issues focusing on how adults and youth learn when preparing the learning outcomes.
- Prepare learning support materials for programmes in development practice.
- Plan the facilitation of learning in development practice in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Plan the facilitation of workshops and advocacy campaigns.
- Plan and conduct assessment of learning outcomes.
Duration: 1 year
Entry Requirement: Grade 12 or NQF Level 4