Funeral Services Practice
What is this course About?
The primary purpose of this qualification is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Funeral Services Industry, will have access to this qualification. It also serves as a more advanced qualification into Funeral Service operations. This qualification will be registered at NQF Level 4.
A learner can complete the qualification specialising in Embalming and Restoration, Marketing and Merchandising or Disaster Management. The core unit standards are common to all three areas of specialisation. Portability across these areas of specialisation is therefore ensured.
Learners working towards this qualification will find that the acquisition of competence in the unit standards, which make up the qualification, will add value to learner`s job. This qualification is intended to enhance the provision of a higher level service within the Funeral Service Industry.
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Prepare and present more complex funeral services and products to clients and groups.
- Supervise the preparation and presentation of human remains.
- Conduct funeral ceremonies.
- Supervise the preparation of funeral sites.
- Supervise the transportation of human remains, the bereaved and funeral equipment.
- Manage funeral logistics and administration processes.
- Implement the training of funeral service personnel.
- Embalm human remains without trauma or complications.
- Manage merchandising within a funeral business.
- Implement actions associated with a disaster scene
Duration: 1 year
Entry Requirement: Grade 12 or NQF Level