Health Promotion Officer
What is this course About?
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to:
- Carry out basic assessments of communities, households’ groups and individuals.
- Provide basic health education and referrals for a wide range of services.
- Support and assist in navigating the health and social services system.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Conducting community, household and individual health assessments and identifying health needs and risks (actual and potential) and facilitating the family or an individual to seek the appropriate health service.
- Promoting the health of the households and the individuals within these households.
- Referring persons for further assessment and testing after performing simple basic screening.
- Providing limited, simple health interventions in a household (e.g. basic first aid, oral rehydration and any other basic intervention that she or he is trained to provide).
- Providing psychosocial support and managing interventions such as treatment defaulter tracing and adherence support.
Duration: 1 year
Entry Requirement: NQF Level 1 or equivalent competences in Mathematical Literacy and Communications