What is this course About?
Purpose: This occupational qualification provides an opportunity for the learner to acquire a range of administrative skills to coordinate the activities of an office including information management and operational processes.
Qualified learners will be competent to support management with office and information administration demonstrating a range of administrative and communication skills. They will be able to function in Human Resource, Marketing, Public Relations or Financial departments/unit which will enable them to accomplish tasks professionally and efficiently in the increasingly computerised environment of a business office in accordance with national and international standards in the field. The learner will also understand cultural diversity, multicultural communication and the principles of a professional image and grooming to promote the image of the organisation.
The occupational qualification is to equip students with the broad-based knowledge and skills to be able to be employed in a small business or a large corporation, public or private and advance their personal and career management skills to enhance their employability. The qualified learner will be actively engaged in becoming a well-rounded, multi-skilled office administrator, prepared for further, more specific study in the various fields, which enables easier progression routes.
Qualified learners will be competent to support executive management with:
- Office Administration and record management.
- Communication skills.
- Multicultural customer and client relational skills.
- Resource/facilities management
- Tender administration.
- Skills development administration
- PR and advocacy and social and digital media.
- Computerised project management skills.
- Staffing and people support administration.
- Fundamental life and work skills.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Manage resources according to good governance policies and procedures to facilitate the smooth and effective operational activities within the organisation.
- Manage, coordinate and assist in the administration and clerical support of the specific departments to facilitate the smooth running thereof by using computerised systems and practices.
- Assist in selection process, induction, employee wellness and skills development of employees.
- Process given data to complete a Workplace Skills Plan.
- Assist in the administrative function of the marketing, public relations and advocacy of the organisation.
- Communicate effectively using appropriate methods to maintain effective customer relationships according to organisational standards customer service of internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, administer and provide support services to a special project within an organisation
Qualified learners will be able to operate in the following occupations or jobs, depending on their level of experience:
- Administration Officer (Local Government).
- Business Administration Officer (Local Government).
- Office Supervisor.
- Office Coordinator.
- Administration Clerk/Officer.
- Administrative Assistant.
- Client Services Administrator.
- Operation Services/Support Officer.
- Planning Support Officer/Site Clerk.
- Tender Coordinator.
Duration: 18 to 24 months
Entry Requirements: Grade 12 or Level 4 with Communication.